Invisalign® for Teens: The Basics
Generally speaking, there is a wide range of different bite issues that are common among teenagers in particular. These include but are certainly not limited to things like:
- Gapped teeth, which is when gaps between multiple teeth are present.
- An open bite, which is when there is a noticeable gap between the upper and lower rows of teeth whenever a teen's mouth is closed.
- An underbite, which is when the bottom row of teeth overlaps with the top row to a significant degree when the jaw is closed.
- An overbite, which is essentially the reverse situation when the top teeth significantly overlap with the bottom teeth.
- A crossbite, which is when one or more teeth on the upper row and on one side are overlapped by lower teeth whenever a teen bites down.
The good news is that every single one of these issues - including others, like crowded teeth - can be adequately addressed using Invisalign®.
But the better news is that because of how Invisalign® works, you're looking at a far more effective approach to treatment when compared to something like traditional braces. The clear plastic Invisalign® aligners that your teen will wear during treatment are made using sophisticated 3D computer imaging technology. So not only will your teen have a set of trays that is literally built with them in mind, but they'll also be able to see the projected outcome of treatment all before it ever begins.
The Power of Invisalign®: Breaking Things Down
One of the biggest advantages of Invisalign® for teens is that, all told, it usually works out to be just about the same cost of traditional braces - all for a solution that is far more effective, comfortable and discreet than alternative options.
But teens love Invisalign® because of all of the other distinct advantages the system brings with it, too. We're talking about advantages like:
- A major confidence boost. As opposed to going through life with a mouth full of metal brackets and wires, most people won't even be able to see that a patient is wearing Invisalign® at all - hence the name.
- Less time in the orthodontist. If any adjustments need to be made to help guarantee that treatment is proceeding along as it should be, they're made to the Invisalign® trays - not to the metal brackets and wires. Checkups will still be scheduled roughly every four to six weeks, but appointments take far less time than they otherwise would.
- Fewer dietary restrictions. Because Invisalign® trays can be removed, you don't have to worry about what you eat or drink for the duration of treatment. Just pop the aligners out right before a meal, enjoy whatever food you'd like, and put them back in when you're done. Just be sure to properly brush (and floss!) your teeth and clean the aligners themselves before you do.
If you'd like to find out more information about the ins and outs of IInvisalign® for teens, or if you'd just like to speak to a dental professional in Round Rock, TX or the surrounding areas to learn more about your own options regarding treatment, please don't delay - contact Wildflower Orthodontics today.